- Office Region:Asia Pacific
- Office Location:Sydney
- Division/Department:Business Development
- Working Pattern:Full Time - Perm
Kennedys is looking for an Marketing & Events Executive to join our business development and marketing team in Australia. There is a preference for this role to be based in Sydney.
The individual will also be part of the APAC regional team, working closely with colleagues in Singapore and Hong Kong. The role will also contribute to initiatives in the APAC region and globally.
This role will report to the Events Manager, based in Melbourne.
Kennedys global Business Development team promotes Kennedys services and supports the firm's global growth ambition and our key clients and markets. The Australian BD team works in close collaboration with colleagues in APAC, UK, EMEA, US and LatAm on a wide range of marketing and communications initiatives.
The BD & Marketing team in Australia supports our growing office network (currently four locations). The current team covers Clients & Markets and Marketing Comms, although all team members work together to provide backup and overflow capacity as priorities and deadlines require.
- Support the Events Manager on the execution of the firm's seminars/webinars and client hospitality program in Australia.
- Coordinate logistics for on-site events from end to end. Create name badges, meet and greet clients at events, ensure rooms and IT equipment are set up in advance.
- Coordinate logistics for virtual events from end to end, including pre-event technical run through and on-day virtual event management
- Work with the Event Manager and BD team to manage the process of creating bespoke, targeting event lists for events, working with secretaries to ensure they know how to access event lists and add contacts to active lists – promoting the use of the Firm's CRM system (InterAction) at all times
- Ensure Kennedys' website, events app, intranet pages/calendar and event tracking documents are up to date
- Create high quality and imaginative electronic event invitations.
- Mange the Firm's branded merchandise including stock levels and ordering. Source branded merchandise, for use at events or other marketing purposes, including liaising with external suppliers, internal distribution, budget and stock control.
- Update InterAction with event attendance and generate regular attendance reports.
- Liaise with speakers to ensure presentations are prepared in advance and in line with Kennedys' brand standards.
- Assisting with the development and management of marketing campaigns as required, such as client alerts and publications, including building client distribution lists
- Assisting with our industry sponsorships and memberships to ensure active engagement.
- Contributing to a varied range of marketing projects, BD and CSR initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous event management experience within a professional services or large corporate environment an advantage
- Proven experience in managing and delivering multiple events from end to end including budget, stakeholder and supplier management
- Strong technical skills and an understanding of the process of managing webinars, virtual events and hybrid events
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads, manage multiple projects and negotiate deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Build strong working relationships with partners and staff at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with change
- Business benefit and results focused
- Service delivery focused
- Creative flair for event design and concepts
- Knowledge of CRM software (previous InterAction experience will be advantageous)
- Strategic and pragmatic; committed to ‘trusted adviser' status
- Have a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Comfortable working with colleagues across time zones to ensure regional/global alignment
- Enthusiastic and optimistic attitude
- Able to handle queries efficiently with diplomacy and tact, gaining the confidence of partners, senior lawyers and managers
- Adhere to Kennedys' core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour.