- Office Region:Asia Pacific
- Office Location:Sydney
- Division/Department:Business Development
- Working Pattern:Full Time - Perm
- Role Type:Hybrid
Kennedys is looking for a Clients & Markets Manager, to join our business development and marketing team in Australia. This role is to be based in Sydney.
This role is primarily to support the growth and development of our practice in Australia.
The individual will also be part of the APAC regional team, working closely with colleagues in Singapore and Hong Kong. The role will also contribute to initiatives in the APAC region and globally.
This role will report to the Senior BD Manager, Australia, based in Melbourne.
Kennedys global Business Development team promotes Kennedys services and supports the firm's global growth ambition and our key clients and markets. The Australian BD team works in close collaboration with colleagues in APAC, UK, EMEA, US and LatAm on a wide range of marketing and communications initiatives.
The BD & Marketing team in Australia supports our growing office network (currently four locations). The current team covers Clients & Markets and Marketing Comms, although all team members work together to provide backup and overflow capacity as priorities and deadlines require.
- Work with the Senior BD Manager, Australia, and the Australia partners to develop and deliver office and product group business plans.
- Proactively support the management of the firm's key client programme. Develop local client plans and work with lawyers to drive the execution of those plans in order to improve the firm's strategic position with each client and increase our share of work. Liaise closely with the global and regional client teams and work closely with our client teams to encourage CRM best practice.
- Work with the Senior BD Manager, Australia, to consider and monitor pipeline of work and client engagement opportunities. Have relevant discussions with partners and fee earners to ensure retention and growth of revenue streams are considered and maintained.
- Project manage pursuits, including drafting content and contributing to formal panel tenders and informal pursuits e.g. proposal documents, presentations and fee quotes. Analyse opportunities to recommend bid/no bid decisions for local opportunities.
- Help partners prepare for strategic pursuits. Operate as a respected and proactive internal consultant, coaching partners and others involved in winning new business in the art of developing competitive, commercial propositions
- Advocate the firm's CRM database. Ensure data is current and segmented to support targeted reporting and e-marketing. Ensure lawyers are tracking all local BD activities and generate regular reports on client BD to help inform and advise the business on ROI.
- Work closely with the partners to contribute to global publications and thought leadership initiatives, and drive the development of local thought leadership aligned to strategic priorities.
- Work closely with the Senior BD Manager, Australia, and other team members on legal directory and award submissions for Australia. Deliver best practice guidance on process, in order to improve rankings and recognition in key areas of expertise.
- Previous experience in a business development / client development role within a global professional services firm or financial / insurance organisation
- Knowledge of the insurance sector desirable
- Previous experience of coaching and developing partners and teams
- Knowledge and experience of client retention programmes
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads, manage multiple projects and negotiate deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Build strong working relationships with partners and staff at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with change
- Business benefit and results focused
- Service delivery focused
- Strategic and pragmatic; committed to ‘trusted adviser' status
- Have a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Comfortable working with colleagues across time zones to ensure regional/global alignment
- Enthusiastic and optimistic attitude
- Able to handle queries efficiently with diplomacy and tact, gaining the confidence of partners, senior lawyers and managers
- Adhere to Kennedys' core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments or additional support in order to submit your application to Kennedys.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,500 people worldwide across 45 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
We're a fresh-thinking firm, and we're not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of legal services. We empower our clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
What do we have to offer?
We welcome high-performing lawyers, business services professionals, secretaries, graduates and apprentices to join our rapidly expanding global firm. Whatever your role at Kennedys, you'll be involved in exciting and stimulating work, where your input will make a difference.
Our culture and values form a big part of who we are and we take them seriously. We make a difference by being approachable, straightforward, supportive and distinctive. Our values are at the core of who we are and what make us a great firm to work with and for.
At Kennedys, we develop careers in an innovative global environment. Life at Kennedys is exciting, fast paced and varied and we believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning to help you develop your skills, wherever you are in the world. A variety of other opportunities are available including secondments to clients and our global offices.
We strive to celebrate diversity, empower our people and ensure everyone can bring their authentic selves to work. We've created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust, where diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) is a key priority. We recognise that many of our people want to work for an employer that is aligned to their values, which is why we are building an inclusive culture, decarbonising our operations and supporting our people to thrive at work. Our people are the key to driving this change and helping us to make a difference to our clients, our people and the communities in which we live and work.
Kennedys is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. We expect all employees to be aware of and comply with all relevant policies and procedures within their jurisdiction, including those relating to Information Security, Data Protection and Quality Management, refer any breach promptly to Risk & Compliance and to complete all mandatory training when requested.